This is part three of our 7-part series focusing on how to increase ROI with CET, Stage and Design Studio. In this series we go through several areas where companies can increase ROI and see tangible results using vetted design software.
COMPLEXITY MADE SIMPLE
When your people feel well supported and fulfilled from the start, they are more likely to stay at your company for years to come. Designers who are new to your workplace face similar challenges to many other new hires—learning their role, navigating the company culture and building a knowledgebase of your company’s values, mission and history. However, the complexity of specifying products for a commercial interior, a kitchen or a warehouse is often underestimated. For designers, there is so much to learn in order to do the job efficiently.
Historically, space planners and designers were required to memorize product lines, part numbers and other minute details. That is a lot of information: we're talking hundreds of products and their related customization options for size, color, finishes, etc. The learning curve was huge and often left designers feeling overwhelmed and under-fulfilled because they had to spend so much time learning about a product catalogue, and so little time creating.
It is no surprise that different parts and pieces may need to be considered throughout the design process—and that requires background and knowledge of each individual product. But what happens if that knowledge was stored within your software, easily accessible, and ready to use when your designers need it most, rather than memorized or referenced as needed? It would mean your new designers, engineers and salespeople can get up to speed and do their work faster than ever before—and with minimal training.
Here we offer seven benefits of design software with tips for how to bring your talent up to speed.
7 BENEFITS OF INTRODUCING THE RIGHT DESIGN SOFTWARE
1. Your newly hired employees are no longer required to spend long hours memorizing product catalogues. With the right tools in place, they get to do what you hired them to do—design and plan spaces.
2. Design software—such as Configura’s CET solutions for commercial interiors, kitchen & bath and material handling—offers the accessibility and ease of designing in real-time with accurate, automated calculations that support the design process from inspiration to installation. Once a newly hired employee has a chance to get acclimated with the software, the creativity and design opportunities are endless.
3. With minimal initial training, early career designers, engineers and salespeople are ready to dive into the creative process quickly. This is a big win for them, and it allows time for more experienced people to focus on advanced inquiries and projects.
4. Product and space design without context can generate a lot of waste—in time and material. Adding context as an aspect of design software is vital to understand how successful a product will be when it is installed and used. New and tenured designers create more accurate, well architected designs when context is acknowledged throughout the design process.
5. Certain design software allows all designs to be saved, reused, edited and shared—whether between designers, salespeople, engineers and/or customers.
6. With some design software, like Configura’s Design Studio, your customers can draw directly on your website—allowing them to provide a clear and accurate view of their desired wants, needs and overall design intent. In the end, your newly hired talent will spend less time designing or selling a design because the customer is already actively engaged in the design and space planning process.
7. Newly hired talent working within design software can easily adjust designs based on customer feedback and provide a more accurate project quote prior to finalizing a design.
Help your designers, salespeople and engineers will do what they do best from the start when they have access to the right design software. Configura offers several solutions. With minimal initial training, your newly hired employees will be up to speed on how to design using your products and customizations, calculate accurate costs, decrease entry errors and reuse files, all while keeping the project context and customer’s desires in mind.
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE CONTENT LIKE THIS
Subscribe to the Configura Blog to get notified whenever we post something new: