New graphics engine in CET Designer 2.2
With the release of CET Designer 2.2 a new graphics engine is available. With this new engine, CET Designer 2.2 offers improved handling of large drawings as well as smooth and easy navigation in both 2D and 3D. The new graphics engine requires more computer memory and capacity than the old engine.
Checking your computer
You can check if your computer meets the requirements for using the new graphics engine. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Views tab in the control panel. You find the control panel in the top right corner of the program window.
- Click the Graphics Engine Selection button, the Graphics Engine Selection dialog box appears (see Figure 1).
- Click the big button; Test the hardware capabilities of your computer. The result is shown below the button (see Figure 1).
- Select the checkboxes if you wish to activate the new graphics engine.
- Click Ok.
Interpreting the result of the test
When the test is done, you view the result below the button Test the hardware capabilities of your computer. You will see an information field and a performance bar (see Figure 2). The bar is just an indication of how well your computer performed during the test.
A result lower than 100 % doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to use the new graphics engine. If your computer doesn’t match the requirements at all, you will not even be able to activate the engine.
The test result can be misleading if you have another graphic demanding program running at the same time as you do the test.
Tip how to improve your test result
If you wish to get the most out of the new graphics engine;
- check your graphics card driver
- check if your computer matches the system requirements for CET Designer 2.2.
Media & Press Contact