Highly graphical and rules-based, CET Designer® works best when the following system recommendations are met.
|Best Performance/Experience||Virtual Reality Requirements||Minimum Requirements|
|Operating System (A)||Windows 7 or newer||Windows 7 or newer||Windows 7 or newer|
|Processor||Intel i7-2600k or better||Intel i7-6700 or better
(3.4 GHz & 4 physical Cores)
|Intel i3 @ 2.4 GHz or better|
(B) (C) (D)
|Nvidia brand graphics card with a Passmark G3D score of 4954 or higher||Nvidia brand graphics card with a Passmark G3D score of 8664 or higher||Nvidia brand graphics card with a Passmark G3D score of 1290 or higher|
|Disk Type||SSD||SSD||7200 rpm HDD|
|RAM||8GB or more||8GB or more||4 GB|
|Monitor Resolution||1920×1080 or higher||1920×1080 or higher||1920×1080|
|Disk Space (E)||1,5 GB Free space for CET
|1,5 GB Free space for CET Designer||1,5 GB Free space for CET Designer|
|Internet||Broadband Connection||Broadband Connection||Broadband Connection|
|Mouse||Mouse with a Scroll Wheel||Mouse with a Scroll Wheel||Mouse with a Scroll Wheel|
(A) Supported operating systems
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows 7* (64-bit preferred)
* Please note that the spell checking tools in CET Designer partially rely on functionality supplied by Microsoft, and will not be available for Windows 7 and earlier.
NOT Supported Operating systems
- ANY emulators for operating systems like Wine, VMware etc.
- Apple computers running Windows software.
- Windows XP.
- Windows 8/8.1, 32-bit.
- Windows 10, 32-bit.
- Windows Vista
(B) Please see this document for Nvidia GPU Optimization Settings
(C) Integrated Graphics/ graphics Accelerators are not recommended for CET Designer. CET Designer requires the use of a dedicated GPU for 2D / 3D realistic graphics.
- This document will show you step by step to setup your CET Designer to only use the Nvidia graphics card instead of the integrated graphics: Nvidia GPU Optimization Settings
(D) Due to a compatibility issue, the Focus/Blur post processing option in the Photo Lab is not available to graphics cards from AMD.
(E) Project matrix catalogs can take up to 50 GB of space if all 3 discs of Manufactures are installed.
Users will need to have the privilege level to install software on the local device. The software should be installed as the user who will be using it.
Without these exceptions CET Designer will run slower than normal, or might not run at all.
Files that should be excluded from active scanning include:
Note: We have seen frequent issues with Webroot, these issues can range from problems updating to opening CET Designer. Please make sure that file exceptions are in place to prevent these problems.
|IP Addresses:||Link to Amazon IP list|
Please check that your spam filters have white-listed email@example.com so important emails will be allowed to be delivered to you. Questions on this should be referred to your internal IT staff.
It may be necessary for you to test your network to make sure your software is able to communicate with our license server. You are welcome to download the test software below to confirm your computer can communicate with our license server.
- If you are using a Sonic Wall Security applicant please refer to this document for settings related to downloading CET Designer updates without Incident. Configure SonicWall security device to enable Configura downloads
- If you are using a fortigate firewall you need to add the IP address and URL for your sites to the filter area on the fortigate to be able to download extensions.
Support of other programs
- AutoCAD: 2004-2017
- Revit: 2014-2017
- SketchUp: up until 2017