Using a print frame [video]
Did you know...
...that you can use the Print Frame feature to maintain a certain scale when printing a drawing. A print frame also makes it easier to position the drawing on the paper and enables you to print a selected part of a larger drawing.
Watch the video tutorial below to find out how to use a print frame. Remember to turn on the sound on your computer loudspeakers or headphones and then press Play.
Good to know
- If, by accident, you have closed down the Print Frame Settings dialog box, simply double-click between the broken blue line and the solid black line of the print frame to make it appear again.
- You select a print frame by clicking on the very edge of the frame, between the broken blue line and the solid black line.
- There is a blue inner frame inside the black solid one. You can clearly see where the drawing header is. Make sure that the whole drawing is inside the blue frame - items placed outside of it will not appear on the printout.
- To be able to select the alternative Selected print frame in the Print dialog box, the frame must be activated.
- When you print several print frames, you can print each one at a different scale and on a separate printer.
November 23, 2015
November 20, 2015
November 13, 2015