Release Notes - CET Designer 2.2
CET Designer 2.2 offers several enhancements, such as a new graphics engine, the possibility to hide dwg layers from imported objects, and improvements in the paper view.
Below is a listing of what's new in CET Designer 2.2:
New graphics engine is available
A new graphics engine is now available. With this new engine, CET Designer 2.2 offers improved handling of large drawings as well as smooth and easy navigation in both 2D and 3D. The new graphics engine requires more computer memory and capacity. On the Views tab in the Control Panel, you are able to test if your computer manages the requirements. Read more about the new graphics engine in CET Designer here.
Please note our new system requirements.
A system load indicator that tracks system stress
A system load indicator that tracks system stress has been added to the top area of CET Designer. The load bar gives you a hint of how heavy your computer is loaded. Note, the load indicator is only visible when the new graphics engine is activated.
New tools that make your work with CAD drawings easier
You are now able to hide layers and entities in imported CAD drawings, which can make your work much easier.
You find these tools on the Tools components tab in the components area.
Improvements of the paper view
There have been several new improvements of the paper view in CET Designer 2.2. For example:
- The new feature Copy selected paper that enables you to make an exact copy of another paper in the paper view.
- Current selection in the 2D and 3D view will automatically be zoomed in when a view port is placed in the paper view.
- View ports that are open for edit are now framed by a thick grey border. When editing the contents of the view port, the frame turns orange.
- Quick- and animation properties (input boxes) will only appear in the view port if the view port's size exceeds 500 x 400 pixels.
- Right-click function added to the paper icons. Find the Page setup dialog here and more..
Improved placement of ceiling grid light
There is now an easier way to place grid lights in the ceiling. While placing the grid in the drawing area, you just stretch it until you have the desired numbers of lights (maximum 100 lights per grid) . You find the ceiling grid light on the 3D components tab.
New procedure for sending in feature requests
You no longer need an e-mail account to send in feature requests. Just click the Feature request option in the Help menu.
Quick preview before printing
The feature Print Preview now offers a quick preview of the 3D view as a default. This means that you get a screen shot of the 3D view. This way the print preview is much faster. Note, printing and creation of PDF files will always perform a full rendering of the image.
If you wish to view the images fully rendered in the preview, you have the option to click the Preview rendering button in the preview dialog.
More options when rendering
It is now possible to determine how many components and lights you wish to render. Choosing not to render the complete drawing can reduce the rendering time significantly. You find these settings in the Rendering limits field in the Rendering dialog box. You access the Rendering dialog by clicking the Rendering Options button in the 3D view toolbar.
Changing user level in the control panel
From now on you can only change the user level on the General tab in the Control Panel.
Using Windows Open and Save dialogs
With the release of CET Designer 2.2 you can choose to use Windows dialogs for Open and Save instead of the CET Designer dialogs. You make this choice on the Advanced tab in the control panel. Note, selecting this option may cause some functionality loss, e.g. the possibility to view drawings as thumbnails.
Automatic selection of components turned off
The feature that automatically selects a component when switching tab is turned off as default. You can change this setting in the Control Panel, on the General tab.
Imported components can, at rare occasions, display as incomplete in the 3D view (see figure to the right). It is now possible to repair these components. To repair a component, you need to use the feature Make material double sided that you find on the 3D component tab.
There have been several minor changes with the release of CET Designer 2.2. For example:
- More rendering options when printing or creating a PDF file. View the options in the Print Reports dialog.
- Changes on the Office accessories tab e.g. the possibility to choose image on the laptop screen, free standing monitor added, customizable sofa and table.
- CET Designer Online has changed name to CET Designer Message Center.
- New icons for the support, the Extension Manager, and the CET Designer Message Center.
- New icons for automatic placements of walls in imported dwg files.
- The components tab that you are working on is now highlighted. This to clarify which tab that is selected.
- The Office Catalog in the Extension Manager has changed name to Commercial furniture Catalogs.
November 21, 2014
November 6, 2014
November 3, 2014